Saturday, August 12, 2006

Burdens off my shoulder

Recent events had lifted burdens off my shoulder. To share a piece of good news, I managed to secure a place with MOE! I am going to be a primary school TEACHER! Finally I know where I am heading after those few months of uncertainty. I have to teach in a primary school for around 9 months before admitting into NIE. It feels a bit funny; I'm going to be colleagues with my ex-teachers. I used to look up to them and now I'm going to be “on par” with them. At the same time, I'm having jitters because I had no experience in handling a class of 40 kids! Besides, I'm also troubled about what to wear. And…… I still want to hit the clubs and pubs so I hope there is no school on Saturdays. Hee! Wish me luck!

Finally, I went to the movies with Him on Monday. It was our first date and maybe it will be the last. Things have become clearer to me. He is not the one for me. When I saw him, I felt nothing; there was no chemistry, no butterflies in my stomach. That’s when I knew that things will not work out. He is not as mature as I thought He was and god knows, I really need someone who is more mature than me. Maybe I am an old woman in a young girl’s body. Sighs. When I had finally made up my mind, I felt so much lighter. These past few weeks had been spent with me trying to squeeze out affections for Him. Finally I can face up to the facts that I have no feelings for Him. Time to move on.

2 comments:

aurie said...

wow so good! they offered this solution to you is it?

Anonymous said...

perhaps u r an old woman in an old lady's body? hahahahaha!