Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bangkok Trip (First Night)!

All of us are so efficient this time round. All the photos from our Bangkok trip are up! And so... I can blog all about my trip now! Yesh! Erm... This is going to be a long and detailed post so bear with it. I wanna capture everything single moment down in my blog so that I can read about it over and over again and relive those moments over and over again. =)

First Night (Friday Night)

Our flight was on the 7th of November 2008 at 1135pm. I know, the flight was super late! We checked in at around 930pm. Wan Yi, Jiang Hao and Jian Wei were there to send us off. Farewells were said, hugs were exchanged and photos were taken. It looked like we were going away for three years instead of three days. Haha!



Look at our big suitcases! Can you believe those were for a 3-day holiday? Haha! We were thankful for the humongous size of our luggages later on though.

**************************************************

I had only taken an aeroplane once when I was very young. Therefore, I do not remember much about the inside of Changi Airport after checking in. On Friday, I was amazed and mesmerised by the whole place. It was like Christmas!! There were lights decoration, people queueing at the cashiers, people shopping, etc. A festive mood was definitely in the air! I love that place. =)

We shopped around and then decided to take the train to Terminal 3 for more shopping. (We checked in at Terminal 1.)

In the end, we had to run for our flight cause we miscalculated the time. We really sprinted all the way to the gate. We made it with only a few minutes to spare before boarding the plane. Phew...

**************************************************

We took Thai AirAsia and surprisingly, the plane was in quite a good condition.

Our first encounter with a Thai. Look at that joker behind us.

The ride was smooth and uneventful. We arrived in Thailand at around 3am. We decided to take the Airport Taxi as both Jaws and me heard that it was safer that way. The price they quoted was HORRIBLE! 1500 baht per journey!! It was around S$50! Siao! In the end, a very nice man told us to take the meter taxi at counter 10. Told us it was safe and everything. He even wrote us our Hotel Address in Thai. I was very suspicious of his kindness at first, thinking he had some ulterior motive. I was so wrong. That was the introduction to the kind of service we were going to receive throughout our stay.

There was a long queue at counter 10. So... The best form of entertainment we had.

Finally, we reached our hotel, Samran Place at around 4am. The cab driver who drove us there thought that we were Japanese. Haha! He even said "Arigato" and "Sayonnara" to us. A bell boy helped us with our luaggage. Actually, he was more of an uncle than a boy but I never heard of bell uncle before. So for convenience sake, I shall stick to bell boy throughout my entries. He was a funny man! He offered to take a picture of me and Xiao Pang. He said, "One, two, three, ACTION!", laughed at his own joke and took a super blurred photo for us. -_-"....

It didn't escaped the Hotel's attention that we had 4 people and thus, we had to pay for one more person. On the bright side, we each had a bed (Jaws and Birdie shared a King size bed).

Time to sleep!

No comments: