Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hamster Babies!

My title says it all. My hamster just gave birth to hamster babies!!!!!! (Imagine me screaming) Well, I actually did scream for my mother when I saw the babies. My mum told me to leave the hamsters alone so I didn't take a picture of them. Let me describe what I saw. I was walking past the cage and peering into it when I saw something red wriggling. On closer look, it looks like a little red, fleshy bullet wriggling side to side. It is so "ewwww" and so "awwwww" at the same time.

Yesterday, my mum and me were still discussing about how one of the hamsters is so fat while the other is thin in comparison. I have already noticed that since last week and had been trying to feed the thin one by pushing food into his mouth. =P Now I know the reason. But it is too late! She has already delivered her babies and I missed the chance to change her bedding and provide more food for her.

How?? I have no idea on how to take care of newborn hamster babies!

No comments: