Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Stupid Advertisement!

I am so frustrated over my English assignment! We are supposed to teach "Listening and Viewing" and my tutor chose "Advertisement" for our theme.

At first, this theme sounded pretty ok. It is not an unfamiliar word and there are many resources online. In fact, I had a great idea on how to plan my lesson plan! I wanted the students to listen and view how to make cheesecakes. Then, we will really make the cakes in class. After that, they have to design an advertisement for their cakes and sell it to their parents. The funds will go for end-of-year party.

BUT! But in the lesson plan above, my listening activity does not have the theme "Advertisement" in it!! Now, I have to rethink about what to do.....

The theme sucks lar. Other classes have "Adventure", "Wild Animals", "Stories", etc for their theme. These are what I call "themes". Mine is a text type!! Advertisement is a text type!! How to work creatively when I am limited to a text type?! Argh!! I can already predict what my classmates will do. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US WILL START THE LESSON BY SHOWING THE STUDENTS ADVERTISEMENT AND END THE LESSON BY HAVING THE STUDENTS PRODUCE ADVERTISEMENTS! HOW BORING CAN IT GET????? WHAT OTHER CHOICES DO WE HAVE?????

Any one got any creative ideas....?

No comments: