Monday, December 20, 2010

Taiwan Trip Day 15




Finally I have time to blog about my last day in Taiwan! This is a super late entry, considering that more than half a year has gone by already. Heh!

I consider the time spent in Taipei most boring. Coz all we did was shopping and I hate shopping. So there are very few photos of us but more of the food. Well, at least, that is interesting.

I had the best Kong Bah Bao ever! I think the Taiwanese call it 刈包 (yi bao/chua bao (localised name). I think the Taiwan version beats the Singapore version hands down. You can choose either fatty or lean meat and I asked for a mix of them. The chunks of meat went into the bun first. Then, the boss added a huge spoonful of preserved vegetables, another huge spoonful of crushed peanuts and finally, garnishes! Tasted heavenly! The meat simply melted and the peanuts gave it a sweet taste amidst the saltiness. Delightful!











We shopped around 五分埔 (Wu Fen Pu) for the whole afternoon. It is a packed, stuffy and confusing maze. I bought a owl pendant which becomes my current favourite accessory piece and some other pendants. That's it. The clothes in Taiwan are too floral-y, lacey-y, chiffon-y, in other words, too lady-like for me.


Around evening, we took the train to Shihlin again because PX had not shopped to her heart's content the previous day.


My interest peaked only when we started discussing what to eat for dinner. Heh! PX wanted to try Japanese sake so we searched around Shihlin for a Japanese restaurant. Surprisingly, there was no Japanese restaurant in Shihlin! There were plenty of Korean BBQ restaurants and numerous stalls selling street food but no Japanese or Western restaurants.


In the end, we decided to cab back to 五分埔 because we remembered there were two Japanese restaurant situated there.



And we managed to have our hot sake! And fresh salmon!







I cannot remember the exact price of the sake but it was super super cheap compared to Singapore's. I think one bottle cost only around S$7.





I was a happy girl!





My meal! I had the black boar set while PX had the Tempura set. Once again, Taiwan proves itself! One of the best Japanese meal I ever had! The meat and the onions blended so nicely together! I tried searching for something like this in Singapore but haven't found anything like it yet.






The confirmation that the meal was excellent!




The sake was so cheap that we decided to buy another one back to the hotel!



The meal we had was super cheap! If I didn't remember wrongly, I think we paid around S$15-20 per person.

Before going back to the hotel, we popped into one of the convenience and swept the boxes of masks off their shelves. Between us, we bought nearly 20 boxes of masks. Heh!




Day 15 ended with cold sake in bed. Bliss..


************************************

No comments: