Tuesday, July 18, 2006

In the Movies

It is funny how some thoughts strike me when I'm in the middle of doing something totally irrelevant. I was in the movie the other day with a guy friend and that experience crumbled one of the theory I formed when I was in the movies with Him.
I recalled the day when we watched a comedy together. He was sitting beside me and throughout the show, we were sitting near to each other. At that very moment, I'm embarrassed to say it now, I wanted his arms around me. (Gosh, I sound like some desperate spinster.) "I need a guy", this voice kept swimming in my head. I prided myself on staying single and being independent from guys and that feeling was new to me. But then, I also realised that I only want him physically. I never found the need to talk to him, to talk about our ideas, to tell him my feelings, to click with him and yet I can only think of snuggling into his arms. It hit me then, I do not need someone to connect with me in terms of thinking, I just need a guy, any guy, to be there when I need a shoulder to cry on, to hold my hand, to hug me when I'm feeling down... Sounds kind of weird, ain't it? Like I just want a body. (Please do not think of the sexual way.)
So that was the theory I formed that explains why I alternate between cold and hot to Him. But after the movie with one of my guy friend, my theory was busted. We were also sitting together and suddenly I thought of trying out my theory. Since it was dark and he is a guy, I tried to imagine, imagine ok!, him putting his arms around me. And I SHUDDERED. He just do not appeal to me. I thought, " Hey, didn't you say any guy will do? What happened"? So, after the experiment, my theory does not stand.
So what are my true feelings for Him? Only physical attraction? It cannot be, as to say the truth, he does not have a great bod. I don't know. Time will tell.'

..........................................

It is the law of nature. Meet a predator, fight or flight. I've been fighting for some time, sometimes against Him, sometimes against me. Maybe it is time for me to flight.

No comments: