Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Last Day of Work

Finally, the last day of work has arrived. Time really flew. I had been working in the same company for 6 months! When I first started, I had to really learn everything from scratch since this was the first time I worked in an office. I didn't even know how to pay bills and to deposit money! So I had to called my friends for help when I ran into problems. You see, I was trying my best not to look stupid in front of my colleages. =P
Then as time goes by, before I know it, I had settled into a routine. Things are not as tough as they appeared to be when I first started work. Though I still have to do phone calls, I am more relaxed and not as tense. (Tell ya a secret, in the beginning, I used to write down EVERY single word I planned to say on a piece of paper and practised once before making the call).
Needless to say, i had my colleages, namely Maggie and Gwen, for helping me along the way. Maggie is my shi-fu, teaching me everything patiently. She believes in arming us with the skills to survive in the working world. Thus, whenever I met a problem, I can always count on her to guide and teach me. I am utterly grateful to her. On the other hand, there is Gwen for entertainment. She likes to blast my eardrums with her loud laughter! I believe I'm quite deaf after my stint in the company. Anyway, she's my source of gossip juicy news and we spent hours making jokes and laughing our heads off. She is just like my normal couple, a term we used to introduce ourselves. *Giggles*
Now, it is time to leave the company. Damn, I really missed them! I remember Birdie once said, " How I wish I can go to the office without working." Yea, my sentiments exactly.
Anyway, we went to the restaurant Desire at Scarlet Hotel for my farewell lunch. Did I mentioned that I have great and generous bosses as well?



Wei Ying, Me, Gwen and Jasmine aka Ba Jie



Maggie on the far left





Well, goodbye Straits Advisors Pte Ltd! Thank you for the beautiful memories for the past 6 months! I will cherish them.....

No comments: