Wednesday, July 12, 2006

National Day Parade 2006


I've got a ticket to the National Day Parade Family Day 2006!! Though it is not the actual thing, it is better than not having the chance to go. I've been yearning for a chance to take part again so of course I jumped at this opportunity!


Gwen and Chelsia who are my NDP kakis.


Like the usual parade, they start off with the marching contingent. The unusual thing about this year's parade is that there was no marching! The supporting contingent ran in! Maybe the organisers gave up on their marching . *Laughs* But when the Guard of Honour came marching in, I was so hyped up. I wanna join them! *Whines*




We managed to get VIP tickets so needless to say, we got the BEST view! Woohoo! Plus we were in the shade whereas the others were melting in the blaring hot sun. Managed to get some lousy shots of the fireworks. Since this was only family day, I can say that the fireworks were not nice at all. I think it will be different on the actual day. After all, this is the last year the stadium is holding the NDP as it will be tore down after this year.



Then came the grand finale. Well, throughout the show, there was some cock up here and there. But considering this is their first public performance, I think it is not bad. They have to practise more though.



Anyway, the day ended with a long wait for some of the performers.



And we were off to have our dinner - Tian Ji Zhou! Claypot "frog" porridge! I don't know what is Tian Ji in english.. Hee! No photos though, because we were too busy devouring our food.

Lastly, I love you, Singapore!! Hope you will have a fun filled birthday this year!

No comments: