Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ubin Camp!

Finally, I received most of my Ubin's camp photos! And I came to one conclusion(besides that the camp was fun, tiring, etc) - I have put on a hell lot of weight! It is so obvious in EVERY SINGLE photograph! URGH!!! More gym sessions, please!

**************************************************

Day 1

I went to meet the tents rental company early in the morning and managed to carry the tents to Clementi Mrt Station where I would be meeting the peeps. I was there quite early and I watched the sky turned cloudy and grey. Eventually, it started to rain cats and dogs.


Dark and cloudy

Some of the blocks of flats were hidden by the heavy rain

I was rather worried at that time because we had no wet weather plans. I was afraid the others might scrap the camp.

Luckily, we have some enthusiastic and crazy people who are not going to give in to the weather. And so... We decided to travel to Changi and then made our decisions there. Phew..

The sky looked clearer at Changi village and the rain seemed lighter. We decided to check out the jetty and see if the boats were running. (They may stop if the weather is bad.)

Luck was on our side! We finally made it to Ubin!

Now, I shall let the pictures do the talking.

We started the long journey on the train...



Up and down the escalators..



On the bus...



On the boat..



Arrived in Ubin and were all suited up to go! I kept complaining that we looked like green peas and carrots but no choice, it was that or get wet. =P



We pitched out tents at Mamam Beach, known for its flying insects. 16 of us had to help to pitch the 8-man tent! What happens if there are only 8 of us?



"What are they doing?"
"Trying to set up a makeshift shelter from the rain."
"Out of 2 ponchos?!"
"Yup."
"Can't they see the big hole in the middle of the 2 sheets?"
"Ego blinded their eyes."
"Are the ponchos big enough?"
"I don't think so."
"So why are they still continuing with that?"
"Ego is their (only) main motivation and reward."
They took half an hour to realise that their efforts were in vain.



The tents were up! A group shot of us!



Some of went to sent off the non-campers to the jetty. After which, we cycled to Chek Jawa. It has undergone a revamp currently and we were curious about its new image. Here we are, on top of the watch tower where we can see most of Ubin.



At the boardwalk which leads us out into the sea.


This used to be a dilapidated haunted house/school. They renovated it into a exhibition hall. We love the cottage-like appearance!



Trying to be artistic but failed terribly.




It was ODAC Sing-a-long session after dinner. ZR printed out the song sheets for us! Haha! It was rather funny because we really poured our guts out singing! Unique experience..

After that, we went for a night walk with only 6 of us in a group. No photos though. I was damn scared.



Day 2

Woke up at 7am and started to unpitch our tents. We wanted MacDonald's breakfast!



One last group photo before we leave.

I really really enjoyed this camp! After we put on our yellow ODAC tee, it felt like we went back in time and was back in our JC days. The guys were real gentlemen during the camp and they really wowed me with their sensitivity and gentlemen ways. I felt like the girls were truly looked after during the 2 days. I like... =)

Really look forward to our next camp......

No comments: