Friday, December 12, 2008

Being a Operater's Nightmare

A condensed version of the actual phone call which lasted for around 15 minutes.

Operator: Hi, this is (cannot remember). How can I assist you?

Me: Hi, I would like to enquire about something. Recently, I renewed my Singnet contract and the package includes a free phone. I have received the letter already. The problem is that the redemption centre is in Eunos. I lived in Clementi. Is there any nearer redemption outlet?

Operator: Sorry, that is the ONLY outlet.

Me: Why Singtel wants to set up a redemption counter in the East? It is very inconvenient!

Operator: (Proceed to give me a long explanation which actually did not really answer my question)

Me: I feel that Singtel is not sincere in giving out the free phones. Why make it so troublesome for us to redeem the phone? Hoping that you all can save up on a few phones, eh?

Operator: Oh no no.. Not like that.. Can I put you on hold?

Me: Sure.

(After a minute)

Operator: Thanks for holding. I am sorry but you will have to go to this outlet.

Me: This contract is under my mother's name. You expect a 50+ lady take a bus all the way from Clementi to Eunos to redeem a phone?!

Operator: Actually she can authorise somebody to redeem the phone. Is there anybody whom she can authorise? What about... erm... what about... erm... you?

Me: I need to work! We need to work! Can u give me suggestions? Is there any alternatives? Anybody I can talk to?

Operator: Erm... Can you hold for 2 minutes? I talk to my manager again?

Me: Yes. Thank you.

(After a few minutes)

Operature: I am really sorry Miss. My manager said "no".

Me: Does your manager handle calls?

Operature: No, Miss.

Me: So he just sits in one corner and handle questions?

Operator: No, no. He has other stuffs to do. I am really sorry.

Me: Don't be sorry. This is not your fault or decision. You have done a good job by helping me. Really, Singtel is not sincere. Bye.

Operator: Thank you for calling Singtel!

Why can't they just let me redeem the phone at a nearer outlet??!!?!?!??!!! ^!&)#$@#@^*!

No comments: