Saturday, August 29, 2009

Out they go..

I extracted 2 of my teeth on Tuesday.


Here they are:






Didn't expect them to be so long. When I first had them out, I had a mixture of feelings inside me. First, I was guilty. They are healthy, strong, fine-looking teeth! Then, I was sad. After all, they WERE healthy, strong, fine-looking teeth. I was also disgusted. Coz now I have two big gaping holes in my mouth. My brother said that I looked like a witch when I laugh. Sharon told me I looked cute. I shall believe Sharon and practised selective hearing.

I am also excited. I even dreamt about having even, straight teeth. Hee! Can't wait after two years to see the results!

Anyway, these are my "before" photos. Two years later, I shall post the "after" photos.










The extraction of the teeth were not painful. The seperators placed between my teeth are the ones that are giving me pain now! They are placed there to create gaps for the ortho to place the brackets 2 weeks later. They made ALL my teeth super sensitive and super sore. I cannot even eat steamed fish without some discomfort! I have since practised the art of swallowing my food. =(

Going back on Monday to extract 2 more teeth. Haiz... Poor teeth. Going to buy a box with cushions and place my teeth inside. Very xin tong.

No comments: