Saturday, April 17, 2010

Epitome of Murphy's Law

I am a true epitome of Murphy's Law.

"Things that will go wrong, will go wrong."


I had two project deadlines yesterday - a reflections and a written report. The reflections was done two weeks ago, which I must say, was most unusual for me. The written report was completed yesterday at 1pm, which I must say, was very typical of me.

The report's deadline was at 5.30pm. So I thought I got plenty of time to print out both my report and reflections and sashayed slowly to school.

That was when Murphy's Law acted.

My printer was spoilt halfway through printing. The last few pages it spewed looked like they were written in Morse code. Spent some time trying to fix it but failed. Spent more time cursing and swearing.

Panic set in. I smsed my cousin-in-law and asked her whether I could go to her house next door to print my assignments. She replied ok and I hopped over. Plugged in the printer's USB and waited. Result: My laptop could not auto install the printer.

Panic started mounting. I asked my dad to send me to school. Reached school at 3pm.

Long queue in the Computer Lab. Got my computer after 10 minutes and started printing.

Heart beat slower and stomach started growling. The production of adrenaline slowly stopped. Saw my friend and let her used my computer.

"Do you know that the reflection's deadline was at 12 noon?" WTH!! Adrenaline exploded throughout my body! I thought it was at 5.30pm, similar to the report's deadline! I quickly packed my things, apologised to my friend and rushed to hand in both report and reflections.


Tell me, am I the epitome of Murphy's Law or what.


****************************************

No comments: