Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Little Frog's Day Out

"Help! Save me!"

Ethel spun around to the croaking, wondering who was making that noise. To her surprise, she saw a little green frog in Big Bird's mouth! She got to save it!

Ethel sang sweetly,

"Sunny Day

Sweepin' the clouds away

On my way to where the air is sweet

Can you tell me how to get,

How to get to Sesame Street?"

When Big Bird opened his mouth and tried to reply, the little green frog took a leap! And he escaped from Big Bird. "Thank you very much, little girl!" The little green frog gasped. He had not recovered from his fright.

"You are welcome. Who are you? What are you doing here?" Ethel was curious.

The little green frog slumped onto the ground and began in a sad tone. "I am a toy frog and I lived in a little house very far from here. Everyday, I will have lots of fun playing with two little boys who live with me. However, one day, I was bored. I want to see the world! So, I sneaked out of the little house. Little did I know what horrors were install for me! Now, I just want to go home!" He burst out crying.

After listening to his story, Ethel thought to herself, "I got to help him." So, she said loudly to the little green frog, "Don't worry! I will help you! Where do you stay?"

"Far, far away." He replied, dolefully.

Since he lived so far away, Ethel decided she could not walk that distance. She did the first thing that came to her mind - they would ride there.

She plonked the little green frog onto her trusty steed, Black Beauty, and rode into the forest. "Giddy up, Black Beauty!" And they galloped, and they galloped, and they galloped... Until Black Beauty could run no more.

"What do we do now?" The frog asked sadly.

"Don't worry, I have an idea." Ethel smiled.

She settled the little green frog on a train. "Isn't this a good idea?" She asked. The little green frog smiled happily at her. And they rambled on, and they rambled on, and they rambled on... Until the train could move no more.

"What do we do now?" The little green frog whined.

Ethel frowned and scratched her head. Suddenly, a car beeped at them! She turned and saw Barney!

"Don't worry, I have an idea." Ethel smiled.

Ethel perched the little green frog in Barney's car.

"I love you,

You love me.

We're a happy family." They sang the song gayly. The little green frog could not believe his good luck.

And they journey on, and they journey on, and they journey on.. Until Barney could drive no more.

"What do we do now?" The little green frog grumbled.

"We need some luck." Ethel thought. And luck arrived!

"Don't worry, I have an idea." Ethel was relieved.

She arranged the little green frog in Alvin's car which happened to be in the area they were in. And they travelled, and they travelled, and they travelled... Until Alvin could not drive anymore.

Faced with a dead end, Ethel cried, "What do we do now?"

The little green frog turned and smiled happily at her, "We do not need to do anything anymore! We are here! I am home!"




A hand lifted the little green frog and placed him back in the cupboard which is his home. "Thank you, little girl! I will never forget you!"

Ethel waved and wandered off, wondering what adventure was waiting for her around the corner.



No comments: