Sunday, January 24, 2010

Planning Taiwan, A Funny Love Poem

Just spent the whole afternoon planning for my Taiwan trip. It is confirmed!! Pei Xuan and me confirmed the date on Friday. We plan to go on 10th May and return on 24th May. 2 whole weeks in Taiwan!

We want some adventure in Taiwan. White water rafting, theme parks, river trekking, cycling, etc, are on our mind. I said jokingly to Xuan that we are going to come back tanner, toner and fitter. Haha!

Due to all the physical activities I foresee, I am going to start running at least twice a week starting from tomorrow. My body is badly out of shape, literally too, so I have to put in more effort in getting it back to shape.

Besides planning what to do, have to plan how to get to the different places, what to wear, how to pack, etc.. I was tired trying to plan the flight details already. Dunno how long we can last.

*****************************************

Last Saturday, I went to my cousin's wedding. In the morning, I accompanied my bro to her house because he was the "door opener" for the groom. My parents didn't go with us.

History repeats itself again. People thought we were a couple. Including my relatives!

At my cousin's place, my 4th uncle asked my brother when he is going to get married. But he didn't ask me! Later in the morning, when he walked passed another cousin (sister of the bride) and me, he asked my cousin whether she knew who I was. Then he added happily, "This is Shi Yin, your cousin." It was obvious he got my real name from his wife! My relatives do not call me by my real name. So I concluded he forgot who I was and thought that I was my bro's gf.

I chatted with another cousin of mine, the bride's sister. After some small talk, she turned to me, stuck out her hand and asked, "And you are...?"

I replied, "Shi Yin, your cousin."

She looked shocked for a second before covering her mouth and exclaimed, "Oh my god! I remember you!" She thought I was my bro's gf.

I think my bro is one of the major roadblocks that are hindering my success in meeting new guys. The "brothers" of the groom are all tall, quite good-looking and are architects. Such a wonderful chance! So, I made my bro call me "Jie Jie" loudly in front of them. Haha! But I think he did it too softly... Bleagh.

Anyway, in one of the games before the Sisters allow the groom in, the groom and his brothers had to come up with a list of household items. They came up with cushion, pillow, stool, chair, spoon, toilet paper roll and doormat. The groom would then have to use these items and come up with a poem to describe the bride.

This is the poem.


I remained standing on the doormat,

Even when I had a chair and a stool

Because I remember you as soft as a cushion

To me you are as soft as the toilet paper

While I am as rough as a toilet roll

But together we make a toilet paper roll

When you feed me with a spoon

From now on

We will always have a toilet paper roll at our side


Aww...


***************************************

No comments: