Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Public Transport Idiot

I am such a "goon-doo", also known as idiot, when it comes to public transport. I am excluding the cabs here because, to toot my own horn, I am quite pro when it comes to locating taxi stands and I know the charges like the back of my hand. =P



Due to the enlarging hole in my pocket, I have tried to stick to taking public transport as diligently as I can. Today, I decided to take a bus to Beauty World to visit the doctor. Catherine dropped me off at a bus stop in the Jurong area after school and I decided to take a bus to the interchange before changing to bus 52. After waiting for around 15 minutes, I realised that bus 157 and 66 go to Beauty World too! But I have to board them from the opposite side.

I managed to board bus 66 but I alighted too early. In the end, I had to drag myself to Beauty World under the glaring hot sun.

When it was time to go back, I boarded the wrong bus. I took bus 52 thinking that since the bus stop near my house has bus 52, I should be safe. But I took the bus in the wrong direction! In the end, I ended up at MacRitchie Reservior because after that bus stop which I alighted from, the bus went straight to the expressway. The first bus stop it came to after the expressway was the MacRitchie bus stop.

How unlucky can I get with travelling today. Not to mention that today my dad's car broke down in the middle of PIE. I think I need to take more buses, get lost a few more times, be "unlucky" for a few more times before I become a expert in taking buses. Bleagh.


****************************************

No comments: