Sunday, June 06, 2010

Taiwan Trip Day 4 - Kaohsiung


Day 4 started with a hearty breakfast in 恋海126. I really love the service and breakfast there! The breakfast was served to our room at a time we specified. And it was so nicely arranged and with a variety! Really love it!!!




Zhang大哥 first brought us to 出火 again to take a picture with the park's sign in the day. Then, we went to the first and now defunct train station in Kenting.








A shot with the county's sign!



The sign reads "Ancient City of Heng Chun" and it looks ancient.



Along the way, we spotted many vegetable and fruit farms. And so, we city kids, had a lesson on plants.


The papers wrapping the pineapples are to prevent the fruits from getting dehydrated; to maintain its juiciness. Different farmers have different ways of doing so.





Top to bottom starting from left: Betel Nuts, Lychees, Bananas, Bananas, Mangoes and Mangoes.



Next, we bought 绿豆蒜 which is something like our dessert, Tou Suan, from one of the famous shops in Kenting.








It comes in hot or cold.



"What's so special about you? Aren't you similar to our Tou Suan?"







"I tasted malted candy! Omg! You're really good!"







"I am so going to gobble you up!"







Next stop, lunch! Zhang大哥 kept gushing about a dish called 万兰猪脚, saying that if we didn't have this dish, it would be consider that we didn't visit Taiwan.




Seriously, the dish was really good. Especially with the dark soya sauce with lots of garlic inside. Shiok!



After lunch, we went to this place called 龙虎口 or something like that. A very touristy place again.






Climbed up 8 stories for this picture. *Paints*





Roar!



Saw an advertisement that shocked me.





This is an advertisement to promote a politician! A+ for trying to win sympathy votes.




Next, we went to a nice park.






I like this picture! It would be better if it was a handsome guy beside me. Haha!








We did the "jump" stunt again!



We stopped by the Love River before making our way to our Minsu.










Finally, we reached our Minsu in the afternoon. We stayed at this building called 85大楼 which is the tallest building in Kaohsiung. We booked a room through 幸福角落. Apparently, there are many Minsus in charge of different rooms in the building.




Our room was super huge with a superb view! I love the place. =)






Immediately after checking in, we headed out as Zhang大哥 was waiting for us. He brought us to a offshore island called 旗津 to a lighthouse called 旗后灯塔 and its fort to watch the sunset.








The view from the top of the hill.









The backdrop looks like it was keyed in. So picturesque.




I wanna say I have good photography skills. Haha! By the way, that's our Minsu building!











Dislocated my wrist climbing up this wall.





Beautiful sunset.






I wanna restate I have good photography skills. Haha!






Nice.




We went to the Turbine Park next.








Mourned for my dead pet, Mudskipper.










Saw a roadside stall selling 盐酥鸡. Bought some and it was shiok! Have been craving for it since I come back.










Went for dinner after that. We went to this restaurant where all the dishes, including the seafood ones, costed NT100 each only! Super cheap!










After dinner, we went to the Dream Mall for the Hello Kitty ferriswheel. PX happens to be a big fan of Hello Kitty.











Snoopy on the top of the mall!



Went to the 六合夜市 after the ride.
Tried the papaya milkshake but I still prefer the ones sold at the foodcourt near my place. =P Taiwan's milkshake is too sweet for my liking and I couldn't really taste the milk. Didn't buy any food because we were too full.



Saw stalls selling 1/2GB SD cards. We were quite surprised that Taiwan is so behind in the area of IT.




We went back to the Love River to take pictures of it at night.



And then it was hotel sweet hotel..


A little episode happened in the hotel. I saw this button and was very tempted to press it.





And.... I gave in to my temptation. Some mysterious bell rang like the police siren for about 10 minutes. Scared me out of my wits! But luckily, no police arrived or anything like that. Phew... =P


***********************************

No comments: