Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Taiwan Trip Day 1 Singapore - Kaohsiung

This is going to be the start of around 15 posts of my trip to Taiwan. I realised that if I blog an entry a day, I am going to take half a month to blog down everything that had happened during the trip. *Starts to sweat* Going to be tedious! But I believe that this is a project that is worth my time!

Ok, Day 1. Flight to Taoyuan Airport from Singapore.




Whole family came and sent us off. Luggage weighed at around 15kg. *Phew* I thought I was going to exceed. =P

The flight was smooth! I came to hate flying after the flight from Kuala Lumpur. Turbulences really freak me out. During the flight to Taoyuan, there were little turbulences and the ones that happened were minor. =)

Managed to touch down at around 430pm. I was just telling PX that I was afraid my luggage would disintegrate under the weight when my luggage handle broke! I was trying to heave my luggage into the feeder bus to Taoyuan High Speed Rail (HSRT) when there was a really loud crack and the handle came off in my hand! Super unlucky!





We kept laughing about it and PX called me a jinx. =P





Had MOS Burger for dinner before our ride. Had so much time to spare that we camwhored quite a bit at the platform.




Finally! The super fast ride from Taoyuan to Zuoying Station.


We reached Zuoying at around 11pm. Had to rush to take the MRT to our hotel coz we didn't know what time the MRT closes.



But we had to wait for half an hour for the MRT to arrive!! It was really unexpected! We still had to change trains at the Formosa Boulevard station. In the end, when we reached that station, the MRT had closed. We had to take a cab. Luckily, the ride was quite cheap.

Finally, we reached our Kaohsiung Hotel - Kaohsiung Toong Mao Evergreen Hotel.




Our real Taiwan adventure started the next day. =)



*Things that amaze/surprise/shock/disturb me*


~The highspeed rail really travels at a super fast speed! I could feel some pressure in my ears when it started moving

~Taipei turned dark at around 6pm

~A route may looked like a short distance on a map but it actually covers a great distance

~辣椒酱 is called 辣酱

~The staff actually mixed the milk and the tea in a shaker for the Ice Milk Tea in MOS Burger

************************************

No comments: