Sunday, August 01, 2010

Taiwan Trip - Day 12





Day 12! I believe that this is the day when I started looking forward to going back to Singapore. I missed my bed, my parents, my friends, the food, etc etc. =P


Anyway, that day, we went to the Damshui Harbour.


We ate some pretty expensive 关东煮 which was not value for money. Then, we just strolled along the bridges.




The sky was so pretty that day!




So.. We took plenty of photos to capture that moment!










Took this picture through my shades. Creative eh? =P





Toilets for the feminine guys only. The tough guys will have to rough it out in the wild! Haha!


After loitering around Damshui Harbour, we decided to try out the hotspring baths in Beitou.

And we took the cutest train to reach Beitou! Why can't they make our trains like this in Singapore? The last time someone actually tried to create some form of Art on our trains, he was jailed and caned. Tsk tsk..












We had a room each this time round. I actually fell asleep in the bath. So tired from the travelling.



Feeling fresh from the bath, we decided to go to the famous Shilin Night Market!

We could see crowds and crowds of people when we alighted from Jiantan station (this station is nearer than Shilin station). It was so exciting! The huge crowds signaled the promise of good food!




There were many stalls squeezed side by side. What surprised us was that many of the stalls had air-conditioners installed! I have never seen a market stall with air-conditioners, but I wasn't complaining. =P





We chose a stall that was packed to the brim with people. I have learnt that as long as we followed the crowd, it won't go wrong.




We ordered a shrimp omelette and a plate of bee hoon. We didn't quite like the omelette because it was cooked differently from what we are used to. They added a lot of starch in the omelette, making it sticky and filling. Needless to say, the combination of starch and gravy covered the taste of the egg. I would prefer a simple omelette.








Next, we headed straight to the famous chicken cutlet store that was featured in all the tour books and forums that we read or visited. Our friends also highly recommend this particular store, calling it the "blue label" store.





Just look at the long queue!




Camwhoring while waiting! Our favourite past time! =P


And finally, the dessert, Peanut Butter Ice-cream with chunks of peanuts inside! I like it a lot but PX dislikes it. So I had it to myself! Yums! But the portion was too big for me to finish it alone. I really like Taiwan! They always make sure that you get what you pay!




That night, we were rather disappointed with Shilin Night Market. I guessed our expectations were raised too high. We thought that Shilin was rather small and the varieties of food were limited. Moreover, we didn't see any shops selling clothes, shoes or accessories.

However, that part of Shilin we went to is only like... 20% of the whole Shilin?? We thought that Shilin was located on the left side of a road but actually, the right side of the road belongs to Shilin too! We only found that out the next day by accident.


Tell you more when I blog about Day 13!

***************************************

No comments: