Monday, July 28, 2008

Finally the end of the Practicum

Yeah! The practicum has finally ended!! I do not have to wake up at 530am everyday and can sleep as long as I want to. I smell Freeeeedom!

Here are some photos taken during the last few days. Memories...

Stressed out with all the last minute work.



Table shared with another NIE Trainee Teacher. The shot was taken from the pantry. Now do you understand why I felt like I was an animal in a zoo exhibit?

Now to "show off" what the children got for me as farewell presents. Haha!

Tada!



This drawing really tickled me. I nearly fell down in class the other day coz I was "playing" with my heels. And this girl saw what happened and we had a good laugh over it. In the end, she drew this picture for me. Haha!


A card drawn by a very sweet Pri 2 girl. Hmm.. Is there a hidden meaning to the card? Why tiger?? Haha!


Although the appearance is not very attractive, but it's the thought that counts. From the boys in my P2 English class. =)


=)



The inside of this card touches me. It has the drawings of all the Maths activities I have done with the students. I didn't know the activities left such a deep impression on that student but I'm glad they did.

A really fulfilling 5 weeks. I kinda miss having a class of my own. I have a lot of plans in mind and hopefully, I will be able to carry them out soon. Hmm.. Maybe not so soon coz I wanna cross over to the degree programme. =P

*************************************************

On Saturday, my club's Freshman Orientation Camp '08 was held in NIE. Finally... After months of preparation, seeking of sponsers and meetings, I'm glad that everything went well. Phew~ I was happy when I heard that they like the goodie bags. I have my Vice-President to thank for helping me along the way. I couldn't have done it on my own. Kudos to him!



The goodie bags station.



The goodies in the bag!

After the event, we went to this restuarant called "Ju" at Paradiz Centre for lunch/dinner. They served steamboat and there was one steamboat for each of us. It was a really good recommendation from my ex-roomie!!! The food was damn good and the service was unbelievable! It has entered my list of favourite restuarants!

That was the appetiser. Can you see the egg?? The egg was really amazing! It had a secret....



The inside was half-cooked! And it tasted sweet! Yummy! The manager treated us to a second round of eggs coz my ex-roomie and I pestered the manager for the recipe. Keke!



Hold on to your seats. I am going to introduce the main dishes....






Fish steamboat! A WHOLE FISH!! And it was super-duper fresh! We were halfway through our meal when my roomie exclaimed out loud! The friend who ordered the fish steamboat was eating the fish raw! A bit wild, huh! But it proved that the fish was fresh.



Chicken and pork combo.



My chicken set. It was really, really delicious.



Photo of the girls.



Photo of us! (I was ordering a cab on the phone. Keke!)

Now with all these behind me, I am ready to take on new challenges that may come my way in Year 2. Jia you, jia you, jia you!

No comments: