Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Miss Complain Queen

I've been debating with myself whether I should blog this post. I do not want to get into any form of trouble. Maybe I thought too much because 1) nobody in my new company knows my blog address 2) I didn't mention any names of my ex- and new companies before 3) It is not as if many people read my blog. But I am a very cautious person and I've seen enough examples of people getting caught over what they wrote in their blogs.

BUT I want to write about this! I have few people to complain and whine to now so blogging is my solace. (Friends (you know who you are), please meet up soon!!)

It is natural for people to compare their companies, I believe.. I am no exception. Now, I am blogging from my new company at my desk. Hmm... My desk = one table shared by two people, no cupboards, no powerpoints. And my "desk" is in front of the pantry.

I understand that there are not enough tables in my new company. I really understand. But that does not make me happier. I feel like I am an exhibit/animal in the zoo. When my colleagues want to have a drink, they have to walk pass me and inevitably, they will look at what I am doing. I cannot even have a 5-min nap. The worse thing is, some of my colleagues do not treat this "desk" as my workplace. They left food packages on my desk, had meeting on my desk, wanting to dispose visitors at my desk... Argh! No privacy! And so.. I leave a mess on "my" desk.. Just like how a dog will pee in a place to mark his territory.

Another thing that irks me is that I have to wear convered shoes or shoes with back strap to work. Argh! My "octopus-tentacle" feet are back! I have to spend money on plasters so that I can provide some sort of protection for my poor feet. I remembered that when I was 19, I talked about acquring the kung-fu of wearing heels. I have learned that skill and now, I have to train the skin on my feet to be thicker. Another form of kung-fu. Urgh.... It is so tough to be a woman.

Actually, these are the only 2 things that I am unhappy about at this moment. There are plenty of things I like in this new company. But people tend to dwell on the unhappy stuffs. Hmm...

No comments: