Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Roller Coaster Day

Today is one of my most "happening" day. I have experienced moments of sadness, happiness and embarassment.

Today, there was a speaker from SPCA who came to our school to give a talk on animal care. She told us a story and when she finished, I was holding back my tears desperately. The story goes like this. When she was a volunteer in SPCA, she once handled a case. One day, she saw a man arrived at the SPCA with a dog. She showed us a picture of the dog and we could see that the dog was in a terrible condition. It was old with wrinkles. Most of the hair had fallen off and there were batches of bald skin all over his body.

The man strolled up to the building, kicked the door open and approached the receptionist. He said something which made me want to hit him. He said, "I want to kill my dog." He wanted to put the dog to sleep! Helpless, the receptionist gave the man a form to fill in.

Meanwhile, the dog was looking downcast. However, when the man came out of the building, the dog became happy again. It bounced up and down and barked at its owner. But you know what the owner did?? He slapped the dog! Bastard!

The speaker saw what had happened and ran after the man. But the man drove quickly away. She went back to the dog and tried to elicit a response from it by making the clicking noises. The dog ignored her. She lifted the dog's chin and the dog was crying! I didn't know dogs can cry! I really feel for the dog. In the end, the dog was put to sleep. Sad ending.

***********************************************

That was the sadness part. The happy part of my day is that I finally found my dress for Maggie's wedding! You know where I found it in? After soooo many days of searching in town?? Jurong Point!! And you guess which shop? Ice Lemon Tea!! Haha! So amazing right?! I also bought a lot of things today. Shoes, socks and blouse. The best part is that I forgot to bring my wallet out today. Luckily, my mum accompanied me today. Hee!

***********************************************

The embarrassing part happened during dinner. After shopping, my mum and I went to Fish n Co for dinner. We had the seafood platter for 2 and I asked for fried calamari but they gave me grilled ones. Grrr... And the grilled calamari nearly killed me. I don't know if you realise that sometimes calamari has this "skin-like" thing that is difficult to chew. I choked on that thing during dinner today. It was so bad that I had to reach into my throat and tried to pull it out. But it slipped and I started gagging. Luckily, I didn't vomit. It was still SUPER EMBARRASSING, though! I don't know how many people saw me reaching into my throat. Argh...

So, today is really a roller coaster ride for me. So happening...

No comments: