Saturday, March 22, 2008

My Quest for Harry Potter

Seems a bit lag, ain't it? Attempting to read all the Harry Potter's books only now. Lucky for me, my school's library has the complete series.

It has been a long and arduous quest, however. This is what happened to me and sometimes, you just have to believe this thing called "fate".

I have currently finished reading "Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix" so my next read should be "Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince". However, suddenly there is no more copy of that book in my school library! Thus, I embarked on my quest.

1st stop - Jurong East Library

Lots of Harry Potter Books, especially "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", but no half-blood prince in sight.

2nd stop - Jurong West Library

The "Deathly Hallows" followed me to this library and the "Half-Blood Prince" is still missing.

3rd stop - IMM Popular

I decided to get my own book. And I was damn lucky! There are copies of the "Half-Blood Prince" on sale! On top of that, DISCOUNT! Haha! I quickly grabbed a copy and made my purchase. VICTORY!

I made my way home happily and feeling a tinge of excitement. I want to know what happened to Harry. I tore off the wrapper, settled myself down and began reading. But... Something is wrong... I looked at the cover. "NOOOOOOO!!!!" It is the "Deathly Hallows" in my own home!! I bought the wrong book!! And so.. My quest has not ended..

4th stop - Suntec Popular

Determined to get my hands on that book, I went to the biggest Popular store I know. Guess what? Loads of "Deathly Hallows" and the "Half-Blood Prince" is sold out.

5th stop - Bukit Timah Plaza Popular

It is getting boring. The same ending as above lar!

Am I under a curse? Is this how Lord Voldemort killed his victims?? Harry and your half-blood prince, COME BACK TO ME!

No comments: