Sunday, March 30, 2008

Grief

So many unexpected deaths. I keep reminiscing about the past; their acts just kept flashing again and again in my mind. So do their deaths.

I doubt I will re-read about them in the near future. My hearts still grief over their departures. I will need time to fully mourn the losts and to accept that they are gone.

And then I will read about them again. This time round, I will appreciate their jokes better, applaud their heroic acts harder, imagine their faces clearer, interpret their actions better and then wept afresh when they are gone again. Maybe this time round I will weep harder or maybe I will accept their passing calmly as I know they have not died in vain.

I have lost some friends though I am a stranger to them. I have lost some friends who have accompanied me every night before I sleep for the past few weeks. I have lost some friends who will never return but their acts will always be remembered.

Time for grief.

No comments: