Friday, May 30, 2008

Chinese Songs

Currently, I'm hooked onto youtube. I know, you must be thinking that I am so outdated when the youtube craze has already died down. Well, I never know youtube can be so fun and interesting! I also never knew youtube can help me retrieve a part of my childhood.

Because of youtube, I managed to track down some of the old chinese songs which I used to like when I was still very young. I remembered an incident when some of my secondary school seniors laughed at me when I told them I listened to FM 95.8. I just feel that nothing can replace the oldies.

As time goes by, I gradually stopped listening to chinese songs. However, I guess my affinity with chinese songs has not ended. It all started when I found the mtv of〈〈一个人的我以然会微笑〉〉on youtube. One song leads to another and soon I managed to dig out a list of my favourite chinese oldies.

My friends used to say that chinese songs are better than english songs as they reach out to my friends better. I did not agree but now I do. I do not understand what happen to the english song-writing industry. They no longer produce songs of similiar quality as before. Nowadays, they only write songs that talk about loose sex, drugs, rehabilitation, boobs, etc. Things that I can't relate to.

I guess I have to seek solace in the old chinese songs.


"When I was young I listen to the radio
Waiting for my favourite songs
When they play I'll sing along
It makes me smile.

Those were such happy times
And not so long ago
How I wonder where they've gone
Those old melodies
Still sound so good to me
As they melt the years away.

Every sha-la-la
Every Woo-woo-woo
Still shines

Every shing-a-ling-a-ling
As they started to sing
So fine

When they get to the part
Where he's breaking her heart
It can really make me cry
Just like before

It's yesterday once more."

This song best describe what I am feeling at this moment. Now you know where I get my blog address from.

No comments: