Thursday, January 24, 2008

Your England Very Powderful

This following article was given to me by my DCE tutor and I feel like sharing this with you all.

This is a telephone call between a hotel guest and Room Service, at an Asian hotel. The call was recorded and later published in the Far East Economic Review.

Room Service: "Morny. Ruin Sorbees."
Guest: "Sorry, I thought I dialed Room Service?"
Room Service: "Rye... Ruin sorbees... morny! Djewish to oder sunteen?"
Guest: "Uh... yes... I'd like some bacon and eggs?"
Room Service: "Ow July den?"
Guest: "What??"
Room Service: "Ow July den? ... pry, boy, pooch?"
Guest: "Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry, scrambled, please?"
Room Service: "Ow July de baychem... crease?"
Guest: "Crisp will be fine."
Room Service: "Hokay. An San tos?"
Guest: "What?"
Room Service: "San tos. July San tos?"
Guest: "I don't think so."
Room Service: "No? Judo one toes?"
Guest: "I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what 'judo one toes' means?"
Room Service: "Toes! toes! ... why djew Don Juan toes? Ow bow singlish mopping we bother?"
Guest: "English muffin!! I've got it! You were saying 'toast'. Fine. Yes, an English muffin will be fine."
Room Service: "We bother?"
Guest: "No... just put the bother on the side."
Room Service: "Wad?"
Guest: "I mean butter... just put it on the side."
Room Service: "Copy?"
Guest: "Sorry?"
Room Service: "Copy...tea...mill?'
Guest: "Yes. Coffee, please, and that's all."
Room Service: "One Minnie. Hokay - strangle ache, crease baychem, tossy singlish mopping we bother honey sigh and copy ... rye?"
Guest: Whatever you say?"
Room Service: "Tenjewberrymud."
Guest: "You're welcome."

Haha! Hope this brings a smile to your face and hopefully, spur us to speak proper english. Any words you don't understand, just drop a question in my comment box. =)

No comments: