Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Chinatown Trip

I went Chinatown with my family on last Friday despite me having food poisoning. I just could not forgo a trip to anywhere with my family. =)

Anyway, a couple of interesting things happened to us during the trip at Chinatown.

First, a prostitute in action!

She approached my dad and said, "Uncle, 20 dollars?" And she proceeded to roll up her blouse to revel a, gasp!, flabby stomach! Haha! (I feel like it is like choosing meat at a market.) My dad turned and smiled at my mum. I think my parents were pretty much amused. Of course, my brother and I could not stop pointing and staring at girl while commenting that she is so "cheap". Maybe she lifted up her shirt to explain why she charged so little? Hmm.. A honest and practical prostitute? Haha!

A Cheat in action!

Anyway, my brother wanted to buy the Taiwan jelly. So we approached this stall with a lot of varieties and is going at $1 per 100g of purchase. We chose some and let the stall keepers weighed them. One of the guys then commented, "You put in 5 more jelly and it will be 3kg." I was surprised! Did we take so many?? Anyway, it was quite chaotic and so my mum just paid him $30. Then his partner said, " Since my boss is not here, I'll give you extra!" We were thinking, "Wah.. So good!"

The two of them then proceeded to throw in A LOT of jelly into the plastic bag. They threw in so many that we began to be suspicious. When we returned home, we weighed the plastic bag and found that it was exactly 3 kg after all the "free" jelly! So the amount we took was definitely way less than 3kg!! The CHEATS!

So friends, if you are going to buy the jelly, please check the scale after they weighed the jelly. Do not be naive like us!



Anyway, here are some photos of Ethel, my niece during the trip. She looks adorable!





Ethel and her Mum, my cousin.



Trying to grab my camera



Looking dazed because of the crowd and noises.

Is it just me or do you find her adorable too?

No comments: